Unordered List

Friday 10 October 2014

Schedule for Seattle Geek Girl Con this weekend

I’m in Seattle for Geek Girl Con this weekend! I’m doing two panels and a talk about superhero costumes — please come along! :D Here’s my schedule. (The superhero costume design talk is probably the most relevant to people who read this blog: 3pm on Sunday in room LL2.)
SATURDAY
3pm: “21st Century Boys: Slash in the Mainstream”
“Today, male/male slash is the predominant form of ‘shipping in online fandom. Growth of slash and femslash has spawned new problems: exploitation of ‘shipping by media; the push to make fanfic “publishable”; and the ongoing struggle to translate fandom’s feminism, diversity, and push for queer pairings into increased media representation.”
5pm: “Fandom and the Media”
This panel is basically me and several other fandom/geek culture journalists (Lauren Orsini, Aja Romano, Versha Sharma, Lisa Granshaw and Amanda Brennan) discussing our experiences in the field, and talking about what it’s like to report on fandom news when you yourself are a fan.
SUNDAY
3pm: “Evolution of the Superhero Movie Costume”
I’m doing a 45-minute talk about how superhero movie costumes have developed over the years, and why. If you like my blog posts about superhero movies, hopefully you’ll enjoy this! 

7 comments:

  1. Woh what a attractive article you might be shared correct right here with us . You would have found it after some study and as a outcome for sure in any respect that it will help us all. I'm proper here to appear for some capabilities with regard to one in every of my respectable digital billboards . I'm hoping it helps me to get influenced and determined an answer for my trouble quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHIEF DR LUCKY HERBAL THERAPY
    Thank you very much for curing my Human Papillomavirus (HPV) totally. You are really a Godsent, I promise you that I will always recommend you. and to share your testimony to people. Contact him now thanks all.
    CHIEF DR LUCKY HERBAL THERAPY CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING VIRUSES :-
    1: HIV/AIDS
    2: HSV
    3: LUPUS
    4: ALS
    5: HEPATITIS B
    6: DIABETES
    7: HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)
    8: CANCER
    9: PAD
    10: PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    11: THYROID ETC..

    WhatsApp him on +2348132777335 or email (chiefdrlucky@gmail.com).

    Http://facebook.com/chiefdrlucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your web site is great. I was extremely touched by this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome article, Given such an extraordinary measure of data in it,

    ReplyDelete

  7. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here.

    ReplyDelete